Today In Washington
June 12, 2018
Source: Jennifer White - Director, Government Relations
NDAA Watch – Yesterday, the Senate voted 91-4 to proceed to debate on the FY19 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Additionally, a manager’s package was offered, including 44 bipartisan amendments. As a reminder, the starting point for debate will be the version of the bill passed by the Senate Armed Services Committee last month. Debate is expected to continue through the week.
- Wednesday, June 13 @ 11 AM: House Small Business Committee, The Impact of Category Management on the Small Business Industrial Base, Rayburn 2360. Shirley Bailey of the HUBZone Contractors National Council testifying.
- Wednesday, June 13 @ 12 PM: House Appropriations Committee, Mark Up of FY19 Defense, Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Bills, TBD.
- Thursday, June 14 @ 10 AM: Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, Update from the Comptroller of the Currency, Dirksen 538.
- Thursday, June 14 @ 10 AM: House Small Business Committee, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax, and Capital Access, Shrinking the Skills Gap: Solutions to the Small Business Workforce Shortage, Rayburn 2360.
- S. 3034 (Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-NY): Amends the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act to reauthorize the rural business investment program.
June 18, 2018
Bank of America Invests $200,000 in Carolina Small Business Development Fund
nk of America commits $200K to Carolina Small Business Development Fund (CSBDF) to help expand access to capital to underrepresented veteran-owned small businesses in the Carolinas.
June 18, 2018
Introducing...the Tapestry Project
On June 19th, AEO announced the launch of the Tapestry Project, an initiative that seeks to accentuate and accelerate Black business development so that existing businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs reach their full potential.