Today In Washington
March 19, 2018
Source: Jennifer White - Director, Government Relations
FY18 Funding Deadline Nears – Congress is coming down to the wire to find an agreement to fund the government through September 30 and avoid a third partial government shutdown this year. Language for the spending plan is expected to be released later today, with the Friday deadline to pass a bill looming.
SBA Releases Annual Report on Regulatory Flexibility Act – Each year, the SBA is required to release a report on the effects of the agency’s actions on small businesses and small entities. You can read the 2017 Report here.
H.R. 5217 (Rep. Matt Cartwright, D-PA): A bill to establish a White House Rural Council.
- Tuesday, March 20 @ 10 AM: Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions Hearing: "Expanding Affordable Health Care Options: Examining the Department of Labor's Proposed Rule on Association Health Plans,” Rayburn 2175.
- Tuesday, March 20 @ 2 PM: House Small Business Subcommittee on Contracting and Workforce Hearing, “Workforce Development: Advancing Apprenticeships for Small Business,” Rayburn 2360.
- Wednesday, March 23 @ 10:30 AM: Senate Budget Committee, “Economic Report of the President,” Dirksen 608.
- Wednesday, March 21 @ 11 AM: House Small Business Committee Hearing, “American Infrastructure and the Small Business Perspective,” Rayburn 2360.
- Thursday, March 21 @ 10 AM: Senate Finance Committee Hearing, “The President’s 2018 Trade Policy Agenda,” Dirksen 219.
July 17, 2018
Association For Enterprise Opportunity Launches The Tapestry Project To Advance Business Development Of Black-Owned Firms
AEO has opened the application cycle for The Tapestry Project, an initiative dedicated to advancing Black business development.
July 12, 2018
Today in Washington
House & Senate to Reconcile Differences in “Minibus” – The Senate voted yesterday to go to conference on the Energy and Water Development, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction & Veterans Affairs appropriations “minibus” (H.R. 5895)
July 11, 2018
Today in Washington
NDAA Watch – Last night, the Senate voted 91-8 to go to conference on the NDAA. Conferees for the FY19 defense authorization bill will formally meet today for the passing of the gavel.
June 29, 2018
ACTION ALERT: July Recess Packet
On Friday, June 29, Congress will adjourn for a week-long Fourth of July recess. Your legislators will be back home in their districts and states to meet with constituents like you, and share updates on their efforts in Washington, D.C.