Today In Washington
March 12, 2018
Source: Mark Lee - Director, Government Relations
Small Business Committee markups – The House and Senate Small Business Committees will hold markups this week. The House Markup will be held at 11am on Wednesday, March 14, in 2360 Rayburn, and will include the following bills:
- H.R. 4743, the “Small Business 7(a) Lending Oversight Reform Act of 2018,” introduced by Chair Steve Chabot (R-OH).
- H.R. 5178, the “Puerto Rico Small Business Contracting Assistance Act of 2018,” introduced by Ranking Member Nydia Velazquez (D-NY).
- H.R. 3170, the “Small Business Development Center Cyber Training Act of 2017,” introduced by Chair Chabot.
- H.R. 4668, the “Small Business Advanced Cybersecurity Enhancements Act of 2017,” introduced by Chair Chabot.
- H.R. 2655, the “Small Business Innovation Protection Act,” introduced by Rep. Dwight Evans (D-PA).
- H.R. 5236, the “Main Street Employee Ownership Act of 2018,” introduced by Ranking Member Velazquez.
The Senate Markup will be held also be held on Wednesday, March 14 at a time and location to be determined, and will consider the following:
- The nomination of David C. Tryon to be Chief Counsel for the SBA Office of Advocacy.
- The nomination of Hannibal M. Ware to be Inspector General of the SBA.
- S. 526, the “Microloan Modernization Act of 2017,” introduced by Senator Deb Fischer (R-NE).
- S. 791, the “Small Business Innovation Protection Act of 2017,” introduced by Senator Gary Peters (D-MI).
- S. 1961, the “SBIR and STTR Oversight and Pilot Program Extension Act of 2017,”introduced by Chair James Risch (R-ID).
- S. 1995, the “Spurring Business in Communities Act of 2017,” introduced by Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL).
- S. 2283, the “Small Business 7(a) Lending Oversight Reform Act of 2017,” introduced by Chair Risch.
- S. 2419, the “Support Startup Businesses Act of 2018,” introduced by Senator Chris Coons (D-DE).
- S. 2527, “A Bill to Amend the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 to Increase the Amount of Leverage Made Available to Small Business Investment Companies,” introduced by Ranking Member Ben Cardin (D-MD). Text for this bill is not yet available.
3.14 @ 10am – House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Tax Policy hearing: “Post Tax Reform Evaluation of Recently Expired Tax Provisions.” 1100 Longworth
3.14 @ 11am – House Small Business Committee “Markup.” 2360 Rayburn House Office Building.
3.14 – Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship “Business Meeting.” Time and location to be determined.
3.14 @ 2pm – House Oversight & Government Reform Subcommittees on Information Technology, and Government Operations joint hearing: “State of Play: Federal IT in 2018.”
December 4, 2018
Today in Washington - (Supplememental)
The Senate is in session today. The House will return tomorrow. President George H.W. Bush lies in state in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda through Wednesday.
November 26, 2018
Today in Washington - November 27, 2018
AEO recently submitted comments to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) in response to a request for comment on modernization of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)