What is the Tapestry MainStreet RISE™ Grant?
The Tapestry MainStreet RISE™ grant helps Black-owned businesses impacted by COVID-19 and the civil unrest. It provides a myriad of tech-enabled services to help small business owners stabilize their business and succeed. The offerings include digital marketing, bookkeeping, cash flow management, revenue generation, mentoring and financial wellness products and services.
AEO will select 140 Black-owned businesses to participate in MainStreet RISE™. Additionally, 25 of those selected will also receive a $5,000 grant which can be used to help with layoff aversion, covering operational costs, pay rent, and connect with customers.
Who is Eligible for the Tapestry MainStreet RISE™ Grant Opportunity?
Black-owned small business owners
Business owners must be at least 18 years old
Businesses with an average annual business revenue less than $1 million
Businesses located in the United States
Applicants must have less than 10 employees
Business that are currently
operating and have been in
operation prior to June 2019
How much is this grant?
The grants are $5,000 each.
How many grant awards will be made?
Grants will be awarded only to 25 of the 140 black-owned businesses.
Is there an application deadline?
Applications must be submitted by August 7th at 5:00pm ET.
What are the terms of the grant? Do I have to pay it back?
No, the funds are yours to invest in your business.
Are there limitations on what the grant can be used for?
The grant funds must be used to help small businesses recover from instability caused by the COVID-19 shut down and/or civil unrest. Funds can be used to pay for:
- Employee salaries, wages, and benefits (e.g., parental, family, medical, sick leave, health benefits, etc.);
- Business operating expenses such as rent/mortgage and utilities;
- Repairs of damage to the business as a result of civil unrest; and
- Purchasing PPE or other protective equipment needed to operate safely.
Who is eligible for the Tapestry MainStreet RISE™ grant opportunity?
- Must be a legal for-profit business entity
- Business owner(s) must be at least 18 years old
- Average annual business revenues must be less than $1 million
- Business must be located in the United States
- Business must be currently operating and has been in operation prior to June 2019
- The applicant must be the business owner
- Businesses must not sell or provide any of the following:
- Narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity;
- Stolen goods including digital and virtual goods;
- Items that promote hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory, or the financial exploitation of a crime;
- Items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction;
- Sexually oriented materials or services;
- Ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts and accessories, or certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law;
- Items that support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs; and
- Activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize.
What information do I need to apply?
You will need to provide basic details about your business and its operations. We will ask you a standard list of questions to ensure you meet the qualifications. In addition the following documents will be required – Tax returns for 2018 or 2019 , Articles of Incorporation or business license and Bank statements for Jan 2020 – March 2020.
What site do I use to apply for Tapestry MainStreet RISE™ grant?
Please go to the application portal here.
I am unable to register or create a new account.
Our tech support team is available to assist you with account creation issues Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm ET and Saturday-Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm ET. Please contact them at https://aeoworks.smapply.io/helpdesk/.
I forgot my login credentials.
If you do not remember your access credentials, use the password reset feature on the site to reset your account. If you continue to experience technical issues, contact our tech support team for assistance at https://aeoworks.smapply.io/helpdesk/
What happens after I submit my application?
We will work through applications as fast as we can. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your application is submitted. You can expect to hear from us within 10-15 business days about next steps.
When will I receive a decision about my application?
We will work through applications as fast as we can. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your application is submitted. You can expect to hear from us within 10-15 busines days about next steps.
Is there a background check and screening process?
A background verification check on all applicants will be conducted as part of the review process. Your social security number (SSN) and business employer identification number (EIN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) will be required to finalize our background check process. Grants will not be awarded without conducting a background check. The applicant/owner identified in the application and the business must pass verification to advance in the application process.
What is required for disbursements?
W-9, bank name, ACH routing number, bank account number and bank account.