The Department of Labor is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA) with a campaign titled “Protecting the American Workforce.” Read the full news release here.
In the Senate, Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) will hold an event with other Republican lawmakers to sign the USMCA trade deal. The deal will then head to the President for his signature.
Grassley said he now expects the trade front to focus on deals with the U.K. and India.
House: Not in Session
- The House is out of session and will convene again on Monday, January 27th, 2020.
Senate: In Session
House Committee on Financial Services
- On January 29th, the Full Committee will hold a hearing titled, “The Community Reinvestment Act: Is the OCC Undermining the Law’s Purpose and Intent?”
- On January 30th, the Full Committee will hold a hearing titled, “Rent-A-Bank Schemes and New Debt Traps: Assessing Efforts to Evade State Consumer Protections and Interest Rate Caps.”
- On January 30th, the Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development and Insurance will hold a hearing titled, “Examining the Availability of Insurance for Nonprofits.”
- On January 31st, the Task Force on Financial Technology will hold a hearing titled, “Is Cash Still King? Reviewing the Rise of Mobile Payments.”