What Is Empower by GoDaddy?
Empower by GoDaddy is GoDaddy’s philanthropic and social impact program that equips entrepreneurs in underserved communities with the training, tools, and networks that they need to accelerate their small business.
AEO’s new Innovation Hub model uses the power of collaboration to help members achieve a deeper impact in their communities. Our partnership with GoDaddy combines our model and GoDaddy’s expertise for a more inclusive marketplace. Empower by GoDaddy expands access to digital marketing expertise to business owners from all socioeconomic background by preparing them with skills and information that equalizes the playing field.
Click a state on the map to find the cohort participant servicing your area.
About AEO’s Partnership with Empower by GoDaddy
AEO and GoDaddy are teaming up to provide a premium digital marketing curriculum and expert support and services to business owners around the United States. This 12-month technical assistance program equips entrepreneurs in underserved communities with training, tools, and a network of similar businesses to help them establish and improve an effective digital presence. Selected AEO member organizations will implement this program in their local markets and receive Empower by GoDaddy content and coaching. In addition, AEO and GoDaddy will provide technical support.
As part of the Empower by GoDaddy partnership, organizations will be given a curriculum with supporting tools to implement this program in their local markets. The curriculum consists of pre-recorded webinars, PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, and facilitator guides.
Curriculum topics include:
- Marketing 101: identifying and understanding your customer
- Evaluating Your Business 101: pitching business and marketing plans
- Digital Identity and Content Creation: crafting the right messaging for your website and social media
- Building a Website: digging in and getting a website live
- Ecommerce 101: selling products online and building an e-store
- Getting Found – Search Engine Visibility: learn how to boost your site’s search rankings
- The Power of Social Media: creating shareable and relevant content
- Email Marketing and Reaching Your Customers: learning different tried and true marketing practices
Support and Materials Provided
- Customized and packaged existing assets: curriculum, PowerPoint, customized homework assignments, webinars, blogs and videos pertaining to course curriculum, a hosting platform to disseminate the curriculum to participating small business owners
- GoDaddy products (in-kind) to establish their online presence
- Expert knowledge access to GoDaddy’s subject matter experts
- Program marketing and support materials, and guidance from AEO and GoDaddy
- Grant funding covering program operational costs