Recess Packet – April 2017
April 7, 2017
Dear AEO Members,
On Friday, April 7, Congress adjourns for a two-week spring recess. When Congress returns, Members will have just five days to act before the federal government runs out of funding for FY17 on April 28. Once they come to an agreement on funding for the rest of FY2017, Congress will immediately begin the FY2018 budget process. While Congress is in their districts/States, your Member of Congress needs to hear from you about the support you provide to entrepreneurs in your community.
During the first three months of the 115th Congress, AEO has been educating Members of Congress and advocating for microbusinesses in both the House and Senate. However, our work doesn’t end when Congress leaves Washington, DC, and this is where you come in. Spring recess is a great opportunity to continue AEO’s advocacy with Members of Congress.
In particular, there are two areas where your support is crucial:
1. Urging your Senator to Co-Sponsor S. 526, the “Microloan Modernization Act” Introduced by Senator Deb Fischer (Nebraska)
2. Urging Members of Congress to Save Critical Funding for Entrepreneurial Support Programs
To assist with your advocacy work, AEO has prepared a tool kit (below) for you to be a successful advocate. It includes:
• Policy Ideas to engage your Congressional delegation
• Strategies to reach your Members of Congress
• Insider tips for maximizing the impact of your engagement
• Supporting letters
We are looking forward to working with you to advocate on behalf of our nation’s entrepreneurs and small businesses.
President & CEO