Today In Washington
April 10, 2018
Source: Jennifer White – Director, Government Relations
Trump Administration Releases First Rule on Obamacare – In response to an Executive Order issued by the President last fall, HHS issued a final rule yesterday, which will provide states with more options to select an essential health benefit plan. Additionally, the rule will eliminate online enrollment requirements for the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Exchanges.
The rule also provides states exemptions so that individuals living in counties with no or only one coverage option won’t get fined. Note: The Individual Mandate was repealed through the 2017 Tax Legislation, but is still in effect for 2018. The new Essential Health Benefits definition will begin to apply in 2020.
For more information, view the Executive Summary at pages 5-9.
• Wednesday, 4/11 @ 10 AM: House Committee on Financial Services: The 2018 Semi-Annual Report of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Mick Mulvaney testifying, 2128 Rayburn.
• Wednesday, 4/11 @ 10:30 AM: Senate Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies: Hearing to Review the FY2019 USDA Budget Request, Dirksen 138.
• Wednesday, 4/11 @ 11 AM: House Committee on Small Business: The State of Trade for America’s Small Businesses, 2360 Rayburn.
• Thursday, 4/12 @ 10 AM: Senate Finance Committee: The 2018 Tax Filing Season and Future IRS Challenges, 215 Dirksen.
• Thursday, 4/12 @ 11 AM: House Committee on Small Business, Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations: Community Support: Entrepreneurial Development and Beyond, 2360 Rayburn.
• Thursday, 4/12 @ 2 PM: House Committee on Way and Means, Subcommittee on Human Resources: Jobs and Opportunity: Local Perspectives on the Jobs Gap, 1100 Longworth.
Reminder: The House Small Business Caucus is holding a reception in honor of National Small Business Week on Thursday, April 26, at 5:30 p.m. in the House Visitor Center, Room 201 (A and B). All are welcome to attend!