Today In Washington
June 20, 2018
Source: Jennifer White – Director, Government Relations
Appropriations Watch – Yesterday, the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government passed a $23.7B bill for FY19. The full Appropriations Committee will hold a mark-up of the spending bill on Thursday.
Budget Watch – The House Budget Committee plans to mark up the FY19 budget resolution today and tomorrow. The plan would provide for a balanced budget in nine years, includes instructions to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and would direct 11 authorizing committees to cut at least $302 billion in mandatory spending over the next decade. The plan is unlikely to garner support in the Senate.
• Today, June 20 @ 10 AM: House Committee on Financial Services, Empowering a Pro-Growth Economy by Cutting Taxes and Regulatory Red Tape, 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.
• Today, June 20 @ 11 AM: House Small Business Committee, Communities That Think Small and Win Big, 2360 Rayburn House Office Building.
• Today, June 20 @ 12:30 PM: House Budget Committee, FY19 Budget Resolution Mark Up, Day 1, 1334 Longworth House Office Building.
• Thursday, June 21 @ 10:30 AM: Senate Appropriations Committee, Full Committee Mark Up of State and Foreign Ops, Homeland Security, and Financial Services Appropriations Bills for FY19, 106 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
• Thursday, June 21 @ 10:30 AM: House Committee on Small Business, Subcommittee on Energy, Agriculture, Energy, and Trade, Accelerating Agriculture: How Federal Regulations Impact America’s Small Farmers, 2360 Rayburn House Office Building.