Today In Washington
March 19, 2018
Source: Jennifer White – Director, Government Relations
FY18 Funding Deadline Nears – Congress is coming down to the wire to find an agreement to fund the government through September 30 and avoid a third partial government shutdown this year. Language for the spending plan is expected to be released later today, with the Friday deadline to pass a bill looming.
SBA Releases Annual Report on Regulatory Flexibility Act – Each year, the SBA is required to release a report on the effects of the agency’s actions on small businesses and small entities. You can read the 2017 Report here.
H.R. 5217 (Rep. Matt Cartwright, D-PA): A bill to establish a White House Rural Council.
• Tuesday, March 20 @ 10 AM: Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions Hearing: “Expanding Affordable Health Care Options: Examining the Department of Labor’s Proposed Rule on Association Health Plans,” Rayburn 2175.
• Tuesday, March 20 @ 2 PM: House Small Business Subcommittee on Contracting and Workforce Hearing, “Workforce Development: Advancing Apprenticeships for Small Business,” Rayburn 2360.
• Wednesday, March 23 @ 10:30 AM: Senate Budget Committee, “Economic Report of the President,” Dirksen 608.
• Wednesday, March 21 @ 11 AM: House Small Business Committee Hearing, “American Infrastructure and the Small Business Perspective,” Rayburn 2360.
• Thursday, March 21 @ 10 AM: Senate Finance Committee Hearing, “The President’s 2018 Trade Policy Agenda,” Dirksen 219.