The House Committee on Financial Services held a virtual hearing titled, “Access Denied: Challenges for Women- and Minority-Owned Businesses Accessing Capital and Financial Services During the Pandemic.” Key witnesses include Ron Busby Sr., President and CEO of the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc.
Last Monday, the House Committee on Appropriations released the FY 2021 Financial Services and General Government (FSGG) Funding Bill, in addition to other appropriations bills. The FSGG Funding Bill will provide an $808 million in funding over the 2020 enacted bill. Funding allocations include a total of $939.4 million for the Small Business Administration, an increase of $200.4 million above the President’s budget request, with $24.5 million for Women’s Business Centers.
House: Not in Session
- The House is not in session today.
Senate: Not in Session
- The Senate is not in session today.
House Committee on Financial Services
On Thursday, July 16th, at 12 PM, the Committee will hold a hearing titled “Protecting Homeowners During the Pandemic: Oversight of Mortgage Servicers’ Implementation of the CARES Act”
BILLS OF INTEREST
- Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21) introduced HR 7497 to establish a rural postsecondary and economic development grant program.
- Rep. Tom O’Halleran (D-AZ-1) introduced HR 7494 to direct the Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information to establish a pilot program to increase access to internet-capable devices through public-private partnerships, to establish best practices for States and Indian Tribes for reducing the barriers to, and increasing the adoption of, broadband internet access service.
AT THE AGENCIES
U.S. Department of Labor
- The Department of Labor released their Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report.
U.S. Department of the Treasury
- The Department of the Treasury released a statement titled “SBA and Treasury Announce Release of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Data.”
- The Department of the Treasury released a statement titled “Statement from Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin on the Main Street Lending Program.”
- The Department of the Treasury released a statement titled “Statement from Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin on CARES Act Loans to Major Airlines.”
Small Business Administration
- The Small Business Administration released a statement titled “SBA and Treasury Announce Release of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Data.”