On Thursday, the House Small Business Committee is scheduled to mark up seven pieces of legislation to amend the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act. The markup will be held at 10:00 A.M. (ET) on Thursday, July 29, 2021, in room 2360 Rayburn HOB, and live-streamed on the Committee’s Facebook live and YouTube pages. The items that will be marked up include:
- H.R. 4256, “Investing in Main Street Act”
- H.R. 4481, “Small Business 7(a) Loan Agent Transparency Act”
- H.R. 4531, “7(a) Loan Agent Oversight Act”
- H.R. 3469, “Veteran Entrepreneurship Training Act of 2021”
- H.R. 3462, “SBA Cyber Awareness Act”
- H.R. 4515, “Small Business Development Center Cyber Training Act of 2021”
- H.R. 4513, “Small Business Advanced Cybersecurity Enhancements Act of 2021”
On the Hill
The House: The Committee on Small Business will hold a markup of legislation to amend the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act on Thursday, July 29 at 10:00 AM.
The Senate: The Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs will hold a hearing on “Protecting Americans from Debt Traps by Extending the Military’s 36% Interest Rate Cap to Everyone,” on Thursday, July 29 at 10:00 AM.
Bills of Interest
Rep. Don Young (R-AK-At Large) introduced a bill to amend the Small Business Act to eliminate certain requirements relating to the award of construction subcontracts within the county or State of performance.
Sen. Brian Schatz (D-HI) introduced a bill to establish a community disaster assistance fund for housing and community development and to authorize the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to provide, from the fund, assistance through a community development block grant disaster recovery program.
At the Agencies
The Small Business Administration published a readout of their webinar for Small Business Owners on Economic Aid and Recovery for Atlantic and Southeast Regions.