Today at 2:30PM ET, the Committee on Small Business will hold a virtual hearing on the oversight of SBA’s COVID-19 relief programs which have collectively provided more than $900 billion in aid. Among others, programs covered in the hearing will include:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Targeted EIDL Advance Grant Program
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program (SVOG)
- Community Navigators Program
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund
Happening on the Hill
…Committee on Small Business HAS POSTPONED a hybrid hearing titled The Interaction Between the Paycheck Protection Program and Federal Acquisition Rules: What it Means for Government Contractors. Check back for updates regarding the new schedule for this hearing.
…Committee on Appropriations will hold a virtual hearing on Creating Equitable Communities through Transportation and Housing Today at 2:30 PM.
…Committee on Appropriations will hold a virtual hearing on Leading by Action: The Fierce Urgency for Diversity and Inclusion in the Foreign Policy Workforce Today at 11:00 AM.
…Committee on Ways and Means will hold a virtual hearing on Examining Private Equity’s Expanded Role in the US Healthcare System Today at 1:00 PM.
…Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs will hold a virtual hearing on the American Rescue Plan: Shots in Arms and Money in Pockets Today at 10:00 AM.
…Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions will hold a virtual hearing on Examining Our COVID-19 Response: Improving Health Equity and Outcomes by Addressing Health Disparities Today at 10:00 AM.
…Committee on Finance will hold a virtual hearing on How U.S. International Tax Policy Impacts American Workers, Jobs, and Investment Today at 9:30 AM.
…Committee on the Judiciary will hold an Executive Business Meeting Today at 10:00 AM.
Bills of Interest
- Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX-25) introduced a bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide funding to States for extending broadband service to unserved areas in partnership with broadband service providers.
- Rep. Norma Torres (D-CA-35) introduced a bill to review equity best practices in relation to transportation funding and to reinstitute the transportation equity research program.
- Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21) introduced a bill to establish a rural postsecondary and economic development grant program.
- Rep. Greg Stanton (D-AZ-9) introduced a bill to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act with respect to wastewater infrastructure workforce development.
- Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO-8) introduced a bill to prohibit certain business concerns from receiving assistance from the Small Business Administration.
- Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI-2) introduced a bill to authorize borrowers of loans under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program to modify the interest rate of such loans to be equal to the interest rate for such loans at the time of modification.
- Rep. Mark Amodei (R-NV-2) introduced a bill to amend the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act to include hospitality businesses in grant program for shuttered venue operators.
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) introduced a bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide funding to States for extending broadband service to unserved areas in partnership with broadband service providers.
At the Agencies
U.S. Department of Labor
The U.S. Department of Labor announced a proposed rulemaking to consider and review tipped workers’ regulations.
U.S. Department of the Treasury
The Department of the Treasury responded to State Attorneys General Inquiries on Implementation of Section 9901 of the American Rescue Plan Act.
The Department of the Treasury released the statement from Secretary Janet Yellen before the Committee on Banking, Housing, & Urban Affairs, U. S. Senate.
The Department of the Treasury released the testimony of Secretary Janet Yellen before the Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives.
U.S. Department of Commerce
The U.S. Department of Commerce published a statement on Secretary of Commerce Gina M. Raimondo On Intel’s Plan To Build New Semiconductor Facilities In Arizona.
U.S. Small Business Administration
The SBA announces a Veterans Business Outreach Center Funding Opportunity.